Unless your kids have been saving their allowance religiously, they may not be able to afford to buy an expensive gift for Mother’s Day. However, there are inexpensive ideas for Mother’s Day gifts which they can utilize.
- Set the table for dinner
- Give Mom a red rose and place it in her favorite vase
- Make Mom a special breakfast
- Take Mom to the park for a picnic lunch
- Bake Mom a cake and sing “Happy Mother’s Day To You”
- Take Mom to a movie
- Buy Mom her favorite scented candles
- Burn Mom some of her favorite songs to a CD
- Offer to do a specific chore for a week such as washing the dishes
- Make a huge Happy Mother’s Day sign
- Give Mom a picture of you in a specially decorated frame
- Make a bag of potpourri using dried flowers from the garden
- Put together a scrapbook with Mom’s favorite recipes
- Make a jewelry box for Mom using spring ornaments
- Buy packs of herbs or flower seeds your mom could plant in the garden
- Clear out the flower bed for Mom to prepare for spring planting
- Rake the leaves and make a compost pile
- Make Mom a bracelet using beads from a craft store
- Make a sign for a t-shirt that says “I love my mom” with an arrow pointing to the right or left
- Wash the car
- Clean your room
There are so many inexpensive ideas for Mother’s Day gifts, all of which will be appreciated no matter how small. The fact that you took the time to make a present or buy something really special says it all. So whatever you decide to do, know that it will be a keepsake Mom will treasure forever.
For more Mother’s Day ideas download this Free Mother’s Day Report.